CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

10 Minutes (to save the world)

Well, not really to save the world... but writing 10 minutes made me think of Madonna's '4 Minutes (To Save the World)". So, now you know what's obnoxiously running through my head now!

Anyway, there's 10 minutes before I have to run off to my 8:00 class this morning (Aural Skills 1- gotta love it), and I figured that I ought to post. There's not really time to go into big detail about my past week, but in a nutshell, here's what happened:

-Monday was a free day. We went to see the big houses (the Mansions of Nac) and saw the tremendous wind damage. Ahh!
-Tuesday = classes. The good part was, my test in math got postponed to this week. Good times.
-Wednesday brought, surprise, more classes! I don't think anything of particular note happened on hump day last week... sad day. Oh, wait! I went to a trim and tone workout class on Wednesday night, which was actually kinda fun. The instructor was evil, and my knees were shaking afterwards, but it was good. I felt accomplished. Oh, and I saw a kitty and petted it after the class on my way back to the dorms. :)
-Thursday was classes again, and then a lot of prep for going home this weekend. Most every person in band that I knew was hitting the road last weekend to go home, considering that last weekend was the last time that we had a free weekend (without a game) until Thanksgiving. Yes, you heard me, Thanksgiving. It sucks.
-Friday was an interesting day. I first drove over to the music building, only to find that there is no student parking in the little loop that goes by the music building, so I parked by my old dorms. I go to class, practically run at breakneck speed over to my car so I can hit the road, only to sit in the car and discover the keys won't turn. Special. I call my dad, who says he thinks the steering wheel locked, so I spend the next 5 minutes throwing all my body weight into the thing to make it move. After being on the phone with AAA for a few minutes, the car miraculously works. Oh Mildred... what shall I do with you? Drove home, got home early, and saw my mom in action at school, teaching in her new classroom (which still has a lot of the old teacher in it... I'll have to work to change that). Dentist appointment followed (yay for no more stains on my teeth!), then the football game- Allen v. Euless Trinity. We lost (sad day), but at least we managed to score a little, and this was the #1 nationally ranked team, so I don't feel quite so bad.
- Saturday was at home, and I did home stuff. (1 minute left!!)
-Sunday I drove home, got lost in Kilgore, got my bearings again, and ate leftover spaghetti from my fridge.

HA! I did it. Okay, so the weekend's details are a bit sketchy, but you get the picture. If you *really* want to know what happened, just ask.

It's now 7:40, and I shall post and trot off to class. Maybe later I'll post some more!
~r

No comments: