CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Two Decades

So, April the seventh came and passed, and here I am, twenty years old now. Strange. I'm two decades old now. Frankly, I can't say that the view from twenty is any different than the view from nineteen, but I figure it's a good time for reflection. So I'm going to go through google and try to figure out what it was that I all lived through.

Enjoy.

-Tienanmen Square Riots
-The Fall of the Berlin Wall
-The Inauguration of 3 (different) Presidents
-Attack on the World Trade Center (which I remember vividly)
-Surviving a flood in Houston
-Hurricane Ike
-War on Terror
-O.J. Simpson murder case
-Clinton is impeached (but not removed....)
-Gulf War
-Introduction of the iPod
-Popularization of the cell phone
-DVDs replace VHS tapes
-Dolly the sheep is the first cloned animal
-Death of Princess Diana
-Release of "Titanic"
-Oklahoma City bombings
-Columbine HS shootings
-"You've got Mail" with the World Wide Web
-Space shuttle Columbia is destroyed upon re-entry
-Pope John Paul II dies, and is succeeded by Pope Benedict XVI
-Everybody survived the change to the year 2000. Whoa!
-Barbie changes into a tramp
-All the most amazing Disney movies are released (i.e. Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, etc.)
-"Friends" has its series finale
-Rachel grew up. :P

No comments: