CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

End of Ze World

So... I've really got to stop watching so much history channel. For real- all I keep happening on is all this stuff about how the world is going to end within our lifetime. The Mayans put a date on it- 2012, and there's been other prophets who have said the same. So, I'll just say it: the fact that the world may end in my lifetime is scaring the crap out of me. No joke. I know the Bible says that the rapture will occur and that Jesus will return to take all the faithful to heaven, but that just opens up another can of worms. Would I be good enough to go to heaven? Have I done enough good in my life? Would the fact that I rarely go to church on Sundays be an issue, or as long as I'm praying to God on a regular basis, would it be alright? It's just something totally creepy to think about. I don't want to see our race be destroyed, and it's sad in a way to think that people have made predictions that I won't be living to see the age of 30.

I know that God says to put faith in Him, and to trust Him in all things, yet I find it hard to let go of the fear that something will happen and place it in His hands. It's kinda neurotic, I know, but this whole idea is freaking me out. If this post has made you freak too, I apologize, but I had to get it out.

~r

No comments: