CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yes, another list

So, since I seem to be incapable of writing paragraph statements of what occurs in my life, I shall resort to this old standby of a list sort of setting. Today's list is entitled "Things I've noticed about myself." Enjoy.

1. Spelling comes as a hit or a miss for me. Seeing as how I'm looking to teach language arts, this is somewhat worrying to me.
2. I worry incessantly about things that really shouldn't matter. Memo to me: stop doing that.
3. As much as I love the friends I've made in college, I'm still giddy about the fact that I'm almost to the halfway point in my college sentence. Yay!
4. I seem to be the golden child of the family.
5. No matter how hard I try, I will most times cry when a fictional character dies: even if it's been building up for most of the book.
6. I'm a critical person, most of all on myself.
7. Decision making does not come easily to me, especially when it comes to spending money.
8. If I had been born in any past century, I would've been quite the norm of a woman with the skill set I seem to be acquiring. As it stands, I'm just looked at as the crazy girl who probably will end up with a million cats and unmarried when I'm 50.
9. My eyes are more blue/green now than they were five years ago.
10. Although I'm 19, I've gotten into the habit of introducing myself as 'almost 20', as though to emphasize the fact that I'm getting increasingly old.
11. I write lots of lists, particularly of things that I need to remember to pack. Said lists could easily take up a notebook on their own, had they not been so scattered.
12. I write a lot at night for some reason. Strange, eh?
13. My right foot is slightly larger than my left.
14. I don't have any particular favorite number.
15. It amuses me that I'll be done with both high school and college before my little brother even graduates high school.
16. I play by the book: this is especially true in recipes. That tablespoon had better be a *level* tablespoon, bucko!

Anyway, that's it for now. Since this is not the official start to the semester (which, by the way, starts for me on Wednesday), I don't find my promise fulfilled, so I shall have to post again once I get back to Nac and manage to haul all my stuff it.

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel!

Isn't it interesting to step back and notice things about yourself?

Also, I seem to have taken your idea for making a list in your post. It was the easiest way for me to sum up all that time I hadn't posted in. :P

~Rachel~ said...

I love lists: lists are wonderful mechanisms for organizing one's thoughts! :) And yes, I found that an interesting little thing. I think I'll post one of those 'tell me about yourself' things next. :)